Arcade high score resets

Started by Dave, 30.06.2021, 16:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

A lot of the other games sites I've visited over the past few months reset the high scores in their Arcade.

So I was wondering if we should do the same here. I believe the idea of it is to promote members returning to play the games you enjoy and start again which also promotes healthy rivalry with players trying to get the high scores all over again.

Please vote above and let us know your thoughts by replying to this topic after

NOTE: The results will not be seen until after the poll closes

Steve

I voted for every 6 months but after I voted, I don't see any indication of how many people voted for what option ...

Dave

Quote from: Steve on 14.07.2022, 14:22I voted for every 6 months but after I voted, I don't see any indication of how many people voted for what option ...

If you put in your correct email address, you will have got an email and in it I said that the results wont be known until after the poll finishes.

I will amend my first pot here to also  :tiphat

Steve

Thanks for the explanation. And the email address I signed up with is correct.

Quote from: Dave on 14.07.2022, 16:03the results wont be known until after the poll finishes
Just curious, why is that?

Dave

Quote from: Steve on 14.07.2022, 20:23Just curious, why is that?

That way people will not be prone to supporting the majority view, they will make their own impartial decision... :whistle

Lee

I think I'd be happy for it to be reset monthly, if that is the reason hardly anyone else plays?
Probably about 3/4 of my "wins" have been because I'm the first to play the games and maybe the only one that has tried.
Personally I feel it is always more fun to play if there is a score to beat.

Would be good if there was some way the "your best" section could list "played" or show previous bests, so I didn't need to play them all again every reset to see if I liked them (or if they were working alright, as I've taken on the un-official "chief games tester role").  :)

... and just maybe  :whistle  an upgrade from Jr Member to "games tester" in exchange  :thumbsup  :lol

Dave

Quote from: Lee on 15.07.2022, 11:41as I've taken on the un-official "chief games tester role").  :)

... and just maybe  :whistle  an upgrade from Jr Member to "games tester" in exchange  :thumbsup  :lol

For your selfless devotion to checking out the games Lee you are now officially the 'Chief Games Tester', congratulations

:bravo

PS> The Jr Member is because of your post count once you get to 200 posts you become a full member

Skhilled

Congrats, Lee. :)

I don't normally play the games much anymore because I used to be the site admin and games tester for SMFArcade years ago. ;) Now, I usually to busy running my hosting business or upgrading/designing themes. Sometimes, I still beta test for the arcade when time allows.

Steve

Congratulations Lee!

Now to go find some scores to beat ... :whistle

Dave

Quote from: Lee on 15.07.2022, 11:41I think I'd be happy for it to be reset monthly, if that is the reason hardly anyone else plays?
Probably about 3/4 of my "wins" have been because I'm the first to play the games and maybe the only one that has tried.
Personally I feel it is always more fun to play if there is a score to beat.

Would be good if there was some way the "your best" section could list "played" or show previous bests, so I didn't need to play them all again every reset to see if I liked them (or if they were working alright, as I've taken on the un-official "chief games tester role").  :)

Did you vote for one of the options Lee?

Lee

Just voted again, sure I did it before?

Dave

:thumbsup

When I set the poll up I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to see the votes so far like everyone else, it seems I was wrong. I can't see who voted for what though  :no

Skhilled

On a lot of the SMF sites I go to most people just make a post after they vote saying how they voted.

Dave

So you can now see the results of the poll.

7 votes for every 6 months
3 votes for every 3 months

I will reset all the scores as from this Monday 1st August then every 6 months following that.

Thanks to everyone that voted.

Bill

Tell your family and friends about us, let's try and build a bigger community