SMF Arcade ... Flash Only?

Started by FrizzleFried, 04.03.2022, 15:27

Previous topic - Next topic

FrizzleFried

Oddly,  I am only able to get flash games going on my SMF 2.1.1 install (with the emulator of course).  Every non-flash game I attempt to run just sits there.  Is there something I am missing?   

Nice arcade section you have here...

Dave

Thanks FF.

It depends on whether they are H5 or if they are AS3. There is an inbuilt flash decoder in the Arcade but at the moment it doesn't work with AS3 files.

If you're using the latest version of the arcade which you can get from here then you should be able to run the H5 games no problem.

FrizzleFried

Yeah... H5 games.  None seem to work with the latest version for me.

:(

Dave

I know you're pretty clued-up about SMF, but I still have to ask.

Do you get errors either in the SMF error log or the server when you try to play them?

If not then maybe uninstall your current version and install the latest version, even if you're using the latest version, still start with a new file from the link I gave you in the previous post, you will not lose the tables or the games.

Below is the lower settings for this site, try setting yours the same

You cannot view this attachment.

If you still can't get them working, then I suggest you go to the download site and post the problem there

FrizzleFried

Nope.  No errors at all.  Flash games work great (the ones that the emulator supports).  With H5 games I get the normal background that pops up, etc... but no "box" where the game is supposed to appear.

It just sits there.  I'll cross check your setting with mine.  Thank you!!

FrizzleFried

Just checked my settings and the only difference was that I had IGNORE DUPLICATES unchecked.  Checking it did nothing to help though unfortunately.  I'm trying the little 6k 7x7 Ultimate H5 game even and it won't work.

I wonder what is going on.

Dave

Have you tried to uninstall and then start again? Because that's what I would do, and it's all I can think of at the moment.

The other alternative is that something else on the site is messing with it. Can you create a test forum and try it out on a clean install but on the same server?

FrizzleFried

Uninstall the mod ... or the game?   

I've not tried the former,  but yeah,  I did try the latter.

I think i need to go start up a support thread on the Arcade mod site.

:)

Thanks!

Dave

Quote from: FrizzleFried on 05.03.2022, 16:05I think i need to go start up a support thread on the Arcade mod site.

Thanks!

Yes that's a good idea. Chen who runs the site has been away for a few days, so you might not get an answer for a while, he sometimes does that, whether he's just having a break from coding I don't know.

But he should be able to help.

You might even see something on the support pages that's the same as your issue.

Good luck anyway.

I'm going to start posting the old and new quizzes in the new 'Downloads' mod I've installed, so once you get stuff sorted out feel free to come and download them.

FrizzleFried

RE: Quizzes,  I'll likely install once it's available for 2.1.x on the SMF download site...

My 2.0.x installation was my first forum... and as such I went absolutely CRAZY with it.  I had over 120 mods installed (no,  I am not kidding),  plus there were so many manual edits that I was "locked" at 2.0.14.  If I wanted to update it would have required a ton of manual edits to get to a point where the update would work.

NOT THIS TIME.

This 2.1.x version of my forum currently has 11 mods running.  Period.  No manual edits.  I don't want to start down the "manual edit" hole again.  So anything that I do with this site will have to come in the form of a mod... or a theme.

Dave

Yes I'm the same as you FF. On my 2.0 site, which is still running www.davejohnson.co.uk I also had a lot of mods on it, and it still has 35 running mods on it now.

Yes like you again I have half that amount on this site, and now I really only want 1 more which is a 'Board Icons' mod, on the old site I have 'Images on Board' but that doesn't work on 2.1.1 and although Kindred posted a way to do it with 'FA Icons' I didn't really understand how to code it.

I have spoken to the person who is going to take on the Quiz mod and he will be working on it next week, that gives me a chance to post the quizzes in the downloads mod I installed yesterday. So not too long to wait. We do have an issue I found when creating quizzes but the playing of quizzes is not affected.

Take care

Here's the list I have on here.

You cannot view this attachment.

Tell your family and friends about us, let's try and build a bigger community