New forum images

Started by Dave, 03.02.2023, 16:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I've set this to run for 10 days to give everyone a chance of reading and voting. You only get one vote and you cannot change it.

You will see how the current vote stands once you have voted, so as not to influence anyone's choice.

The images are the same as what we had on previous forums that I've been involved with.

If the majority say remove them they are gone.

Thanks

Dave  :tiphat

Lee

They look pretty  :)
Only problem for me is that I assume clicking the icon would take me to the forum, but it just opens a picture of the icon  ::)

Dave

Quote from: Lee on 03.02.2023, 16:54They look pretty  :)
Only problem for me is that I assume clicking the icon would take me to the forum, but it just opens a picture of the icon  ::)

I will investigate that Lee. I did the basic code but there is more that I can add. I'll check it on my test site tomorrow

Skhilled

You are missing the "Downloads", "Quiz", "Login", and "Logout". icons...

Dave

Quote from: Skhilled on 04.02.2023, 03:04You are missing the "Downloads", "Quiz", "Login", and "Logout". icons...

Hmmm...I never noticed that, it might be just this theme. I'll check that too. Thanks Steve

UPDATE: For some reason the icons will not work in this template. I have tested this on the test site and it's the same there. I have now requested a fix from the theme creator. They show on all the other themes though

Quote from: Lee on 03.02.2023, 16:54They look pretty  :)

The reason it does that is that the 'Fancy Box' mod picks it up due to it being inserted as an [img] link, I'm going to try another method

Dave

At present when you click on a forum icon it opens with Fancy Box which is a program to view images on the site.

To stop that I have to delete the current settings for them and then rewrite the code for them to display on the left side. At the moment the icons you see on the left is to tell you if there are any new posts in that board, it changes colour so you can easily see that, the new icons will replace those icons but the new icons will have a border around them to show there is a new post there.

A green border means there are new posts
An orange border means there are new post in the sub-board
If there is no border then there are no new posts

This border setting might change, if it does then I'll let you all know.

The main thing is that if you want to got to a particular board then use the name of that board instead of the icon

Dave

UPDATE:

I have now changed all the icons as described in the post above.

If anyone sees any problems please let me know 

:tiphat

Have you listened to our radio yet? Click on the box below or top left block on the portal page to listen to music from 5 decades, you can also request tracks.

No adverts no chat just music!